BREAKING NEWS
Breaking

728x90

header-ad

468x60

header-ad
header-ad

Abuja safe months after your advisories – Nigeria slams UK, US



The Federal Government of Nigeria on Monday chided the United Kingdom and the United States over their travel advisories in late 2022.


The government said more than three months after their embassies warned nationals against movement/presence in Abuja, their city remained safe.


Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed spoke on Monday in Abuja at the 25th edition of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s (PMB) Scorecard Series.


The Minister of Defence, Gen. Bashir Magashi (rtd.) presented the scorecard of his ministry in the last seven years.


Mohammed recalled how the advisories created panic and tension in the country, causing some foreigners to leave the nation’s capital.


The minister said residents of Abuja had been going about their activities, commending security agencies for their efforts.


Mohammed hailed the military, the police, the intelligence agencies and others for their commitment and sacrifice.


“We also call on Nigerians to continue to support the security agencies as they carry out their onerous task,” he said, warning Western countries to stop frivolous advisories.

Click to signup for FREE news updates, latest information and hottest gists everyday


Advertise on NigerianEye.com to reach thousands of our daily users
« PREV
NEXT »

No comments

Kindly drop a comment below.
(Comments are moderated. Clean comments will be approved immediately)

Advert Enquires - Reach out to us at NigerianEye@gmail.com