Edo train attack: Obaseki visits 12 rescued victims, says two remaining in captivity

0

 


Godwin Obaseki, governor of Edo, says two victims of the recent attack on a train station in the state are still in captivity.

 

He said this on Sunday when he paid a visit to 12 of the abductees who were rescued.

 

On January 7, several persons were kidnapped when gunmen attacked a train station in Igueben LGA or the state.

 

Six of the victims had earlier been rescued and Chris Nehikare, Edo commissioner for communication, had later said a total of 20 persons were abducted.

 

Speaking on Sunday after a visit to the 12 rescued persons, Obaseki commended security agencies for their efforts.

 

He, however, said efforts are ongoing to ensure the safe rescue of the remaining victims.

 

“I visited 12 rescued kidnapped victims, who were abducted frome the Igueben Train Station in the state, assuring that we will leave no stone unturned in securing the release of the two remaining hostages,” the governor said.

 

 “In the last week, with the intelligence system at our disposal and the technological support we have in place, we were able to track the criminals.

 

“With the training of our special forces, we were able to rescue and release 12 out of 14 victims still in captive.

 

“We are happy as a state and people that we have been able to secure the release of those kidnapped at the Igueben train Station over a week ago.

 

“We thank our security forces for the sleepless nights and efforts put in place to rescue persons kidnapped. We appreciate them for this achievement as we have something to rejoice about especially as we celebrate our armed forces.”

No comments

Post a Comment

Kindly drop a comment below.
(Comments are moderated. Clean comments will be approved immediately)

Advert Enquires - Reach out to us at NigerianEye@gmail.com

© Copyright © 2023 NigerianEye.com | Your Online Nigerian Newspaper | All Rights Reserved