Four high-ranking ‘Boko Haram commanders’ surrender to troops in Borno

0

 

Four high-ranking Boko Haram commanders have reportedly surrendered to Nigerian troops in Borno state.

 

According to Zagazola Makama, a publication focused on the Lake Chad region, the four commanders laid down their arms on December 12 to troops of Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) patrolling Gwoza LGA of Borno.

 

An intelligence officer who spoke to Zagazola Makama identified the commanders as Mala’ana (Khaid), Abu Dauda (Munzir), Modu Yalee, and Bin Diska, (Nakif).

 

It is believed that the commanders surrendered due to the sustained onslaught on their hideouts by the troops as well as the Boko Haram-ISWAP infighting.

 

Christopher Musa, a major-general and theatre commander of OPHK, said about 83,000 Boko Haram members have so far surrendered and are currently undergoing rehabilitation at various facilities.

 

In recent months, hundreds of terrorists have surrendered to Nigerian troops.

 

In July, five Boko Haram fighters including Mallam Isa, a commander, surrendered to troops in Borno.

 

The theatre commander of Operation Hadin Kai, in a recent interview with TheCable, had said the terrorists are surrendering because they want to live a normal life.


No comments

Post a Comment

Please drop a comment below.

(Comments are moderated. Clean comments will be approved immediately. No swear words or racism allowed)

© Copyright © 2023 NigerianEye.com | Your Online Nigerian Newspaper | All Rights Reserved