Page Nav

SHOW

Grid

GRID_STYLE

LATEST NIGERIAN NEWS

latest

Soludo, Azubogu, Ekwunife condemn attack on Ubah

Governor of Anambra State, Prof. Chukwuma Charles Soludo; the senator representing Anambra Central, Mrs Uche Ekwunife; and the member repres...



Governor of Anambra State, Prof. Chukwuma Charles Soludo; the senator representing Anambra Central, Mrs Uche Ekwunife; and the member representing Nnewi North, Nnewi South, Ekwusigo federal constituency, Hon Chris Azubogu have condemned Sunday night’s attack on Senator Ifeanyi Ubah.


Ubah, who represents Anambra South Senatorial Zone, had been attacked by gunmen suspected to be assassins at Enugwu-Ukwu community, with his aides, driver and security men felled in the attack.


Governor Soludo condemned the attack in a press release by his Chief Press Secretary, Christian Aburime, while the duo of Ekwunife and Azubogu personally signed their own messages condemning it too.


Soludo in his own message said: “Governor Soludo has condemned in strong terms, the attack by yet-to-be identified gunmen on Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah’s convoy.


“Governor Soludo said government is fully determined to wipe out every act of criminality in the state. He reiterated that this is the last ditched-effort of a sinking boat by these criminal elements.”


Aburime said Soludo reassured that all security agencies “are now on full alert to fish out the perpetrators of this heinous attack, who will be made to face the full wrath of the law.”


Azubogu in his own reaction said the news of the attack came to him as a rude shock.


“Even more painful was the confirmation that some of his police escorts and aides lost their lives in that reprehensible and condemnable attack.


“With a heavy heart, I sincerely commiserate with the distinguished Senator; the families of his late aides and the entire Police Community over the lives lost during the attack.


“I’m confident, in the face of assurances by Mr. Governor, that security agencies will fish out the perpetrators of the barbaric attack and bring them to book.”


For Ekwunife, she expressed shock, while condemning the incident. She described it as unimaginable.


“My sincere condolences go to the families who lost their loved ones in the senseless carnage.Government must leave no stone unturned in arresting the security situation in our state and ensure that the perpetrators of this dastardly act are brought to justice,” she said.

No comments

Kindly drop a comment below.

(Comments are moderated. Clean comments will be approved immediately. No swear words, no racism, allowed)