Page Nav

SHOW

Grid

GRID_STYLE

LATEST NIGERIAN NEWS

latest

REVEALED: How Nigerian student in UK died ‘after eating cannabis sweets’ bought from messaging app

  Reports of a Nigerian-born student who died in the United Kingdom after eating cannabis sweets she bought from a messaging app have gone v...

 

Reports of a Nigerian-born student who died in the United Kingdom after eating cannabis sweets she bought from a messaging app have gone viral.

The student, 23, identified as Damilola Grace Olakanmi was a business law undergraduate at the University of Hertfordshire.

She was said to have bought the “gummies” via a messaging app on her phone and they were delivered to her home.

According to reports, Olakanmi and a 21-year-old friend immediately fell ill at their home in South Park Drive, Ilford at 11:30 pm on March 29.

According to Evening Standard, the pair ate the sweets that came in packaging branded “Trrlli Peachie O’s”.

Olakanmi was taken by air ambulance to Queen’s Hospital, Romford in critical condition.

It was gathered that doctors later discharged Olakanmi’s friend — who happens to be a student from the United States visiting the UK — from the hospital.

Richard Taylor, a justice campaigner and relative, consoled Wunmi, the student’s mother, who kept a vigil by her daughter’s bedside as she fought for her life in an east London hospital, where she died on Saturday.

“Wumi has lost her only child – she has nothing now. They had to hold her up because she broke down every time a friend came to the house to give support,” Taylor said.

“It’s a tragic warning to all young people about how they live their lives. They should resist drugs.

“Damilola was a promising young woman who should be looking forward to her future and having children of her own. She was studying law.”

No comments

Latest Nigerian News
Comments are Moderated. Clean Comments will be swiftly approved. No swear words, no racism, allowed.