Page Nav

SHOW

Grid

GRID_STYLE

HOT NIGERIAN NEWS !!!

latest

Stakeholders upbeat as 65,000 chase 10,000 police constable slots

The ongoing process for the recruitment of 10,000 constables by the Nigeria Police Force has been described as a good step in the right dire...


The ongoing process for the recruitment of 10,000 constables by the Nigeria Police Force has been described as a good step in the right direction.

Recall that the recruitment was earlier stalled months ago following issues of funding.

A competent source hinted that over 65,000 youths are already battling for the available 10,000 jobs, which is a completion of the earlier suspended 2020 recruitment process.

The Force spokesman, Frank Mba, had in a statement, advised candidates to check their status on the recruitment portal, which will be opened from Monday, October 18, through to Tuesday, October 26, 2021.

The statement titled, ‘NPF, PSC set to conclude 2020 recruitment exercise,’ read in part, “Candidates who are qualified for the next stage of the recruitment are to print out their examination slips, which must be presented on the examination date, Friday, 29th and Saturday, 30th October, 2021, at designated centres across the country.

“Candidates are equally advised to check their email and phone numbers for notifications.”

A visit to the training centres across the country showed a beehive of activities, with the consultants ready for the exercise, which shall commence with a Computer-Based Test, CBT.

In Enugu State, the case is not different in Oji River training ground of the Nigeria Police, where adequate facilities have already been provided for the exercise.

A security expert, Mr. Ambrose Ukoh described the ongoing exercise as very vital in view of the security challenges facing the country.

“Nigerians are expecting to have well-trained members of the force that will be of help in making the country overcome her current security challenges.

“All the stakeholders know the importance of this exercise, so I’m not anticipating any compromise. From the body language of the IGP, Baba Usman, he is keen on having a transparent process.

“Since he took over as the police helmsman, he has been trying to reposition the force, especially non-tolerance to human rights abuse and all manner of extortion.

“You should also not forget that Mr. Danmallam Mohammed, the DIG in charge of Training and Development, Force Headquarters, who is directly handling the recruitment process is a well grounded and articulate officer.

“So, in view of all these, I believe the process will record huge success. We are upbeat that the new contables would be of international standard; the signs are there already,” he noted.

Also speaking on the recruitment exercise, the Secretary-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro said there was high expectation on the police in view of the security challenges in the country.

According to Isiguzoro, “we are keenly monitoring the process and we expect nothing but the best.

“In the past, the issue has always been that we have a police force that lacks requisite training, but with what we have on ground this time around, we believe we are going to have well-trained fresh personnel.”

“Apart from physical training, one area we believe is also of utmost importance is human rights; they should at this early stage make them know that they must have absolute regard for the rights of the people.

“With this, I believe they will mark the beginning of the much-awaited reform in the police force. So far, the feelers we are getting from the training grounds are positive,” he disclosed.

Meanwhile, when contacted by newsmen to give an update on the recruitment process, DIG Danmallam Mohammed said every plan was on course.

He re-echoed that, “there are certain requirements for the online application; have it in your mind that it is last year’s exercise, which was halted owing to paucity of funds; we are now completing it as the Federal Government has released the money.

“We have alerted the applicants to go back to our website to know their status, whether they were selected or disqualified; if they were disqualified, they will tell them the reason.

“Part of the rule, applicants should be between the ages of 18-25; so if somebody has all the requirements, but age wise, he is like 30 years, the person automatically will be disqualified. Then the issue of height for male and female, if he is shorter, it is another thing, and the applicant must be a Nigerian, with National Identity Number, the applicant must have 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings, including English and Mathematics, and the applicant must be medically, physically and psychologically fit.

“The applicant must print their completed form and submit it at the CBT centre and the female applicant must not be pregnant at the time of this application, you also know that the test is computer-based.

“Adequate arrangements have been put in place in all the centres to avoid any unforeseen circumstances.

“After the CBT, those who passed will go for medical examination, then the final list.

“The process is for the recruitment of 10,000 candidates but as we speak people who have successfully downloaded the application are 65,000 in number,” he further disclosed.

The CBT is expected to take place simultaneously across the 36 States of the Federation and the FCT this weekend.

No comments

Latest Nigerian News
Comments are Moderated. Clean Comments will be swiftly approved. No swear words, no racism, allowed.

Visits Devices Code Obs Start: 2021-06-01 End: 2021-06-30