Sunday Dare, minister of youth and sports, narrated how he was attacked at the palace of Oladunni Oyewumi, Soun of Ogbomosho, on Sunday.
The minister, who hails from the town, said he was in a meeting with Oyewumi and some chiefs when aggrieved youth invaded the palace.
Dare said from the way the “intruders” behaved, it was clear that they were not part of the #EndSARS protest which started late last week.
He added that security operatives from Ibadan and Ilorin were now on ground to protect the town and stop “criminal elements.”
Ogbomoso-Hoodlums, thugs & miscreants distrupt stakeholders meeting in Soun’s palace now-invading, stoning and breaking doors, glasses. Soun, myself and council chiefs were scurried into safety by the police and DSS. Ogbomoso youth are law abiding. But hoodlums have taken over ..— Sunday Dare (@SundayDareSD) October 11, 2020
The hoodlums broke into the palace and destroyed chairs, overturned tables, broke windows. These were not Youth or Students. These were miscreants and thugs who saw a window of opportunity in the protest which since abated. Thankfully.Soun, the chiefs, leaders of Parapo are safe pic.twitter.com/B00XvMNZBl— Sunday Dare (@SundayDareSD) October 11, 2020
A Twitter user said police opened fire on the protesters who converged on the palace over the killing of an #EndSARS protester on Saturday.
The deceased identified as Jimoh Isiaq was shot dead during the demonstration against brutality and extra- judicial killings.
“Ogbomosho is at War!! The @PoliceNG murdered a resident at yesterday’s protest and still in denial of murder. In pains, residents matched to the palace to protest. 2secs, Naso palace scatter. Even chief chop stone for Head. Ogbomosho is not safe right now!! #ENDSARS, ” a Twitter user wrote.
One of the users also wrote, ” THE OYO STATE POLICE COMMAND HAS DECLARED WAR ON PROTESTERS IN OGBOMOSO #EndSARS #EndPoliceBrutality.”
Ogbomosho is at War!! The @PoliceNG murdered a resident at yesterday’s protest and still in denial of murder. In pains, residents matched to the palace to protest. 2secs, Naso palace scatter. Even chief chop stone for Head. Ogbomosho is not safe right now!! #ENDSARS pic.twitter.com/9ksRk2Qn5L— SUN🌝 (@shank_comics) October 11, 2020
Some witnesses said four persons who sustained gunshot injuries were being treated at Bowen University Teaching Hospital.
Click to signup for FREE news updates, latest information and hottest gists everyday
Advertise on NigerianEye.com to reach thousands of our daily users