The Nigerian Senate on Thursday rejected a commissioner-nominee for the National Population Commission (NPC).
Dr. Abdul Malik Mohammed Durnnguwa was the only one out of the 23 nominees of President Muhammadu Buhari who was not cleared.
The Senate explained that Durnnguwa’s West African Examination Council (WAEC) certificate was questionable.
According to Senator Suleiman Hunkuyi, “Dr. Abdul Malik Mohammed Durnnguwa’s nomination was stood down due to questionable certificates.”
In his contribution, Senator Ali Ndume, said: “When you have questionable certifications, it is the duty of the Committee to verify.”
On his part, Senator Gumel Abdullahi noted that, “My concern is whether he took WAEC and passed.”
Durnnguwa’s nomination was referred back to the committee on National Population for further action.
Those confirmed are as follows:
1. Dr. Clifford T. O Zirra
2. Dr. Chidi Christopher Ezeoke mni
3. Barr. Isa Audu Buratai
4. Navy Captain Charles Iyam Ogwa
5. Okereke Darlington Onuabuchi
6. Mr. A.d. Olusegun Aiyejina
7. Ejike Ezeh
8. Hon. Abubakar Mohammed Danburam
9. Prof. Uba S. F. Nnabue
10. Suleiman Ismaila Lawal
11. Prof. Jimoh Habibat Isah
12. Dr. Sa’adu Ayinla Alanamu
13. Nasir Isa Kwarra
14. Barr. Aliyu Datti
15. Yeye (Mrs.) Seyi Adereinokun Olusanya
16. Prince (Dr.) Olanadiran Garvey Iyantan
17. Senator Mudasiru Oyetunde Hussain
18. Mrs. Cecillia Arsun Dapoet
19. Dr. Ipalibo Macdonald Harry
20. Sale S. Saany
21. Sir Richard Odibo
22. Nwanne Nwabuisi
Click to signup for FREE news updates, latest information and hottest gists everyday
Advertise on NigerianEye.com to reach thousands of our daily users