BREAKING NEWS
Breaking

728x90

header-ad

468x60

header-ad
header-ad

BREAKING: 13 Christians Killed In Fresh Southern Kaduna



Some gunmen have attacked Asso community, Southern Kaduna,during Easter celebrations, with at least 13 Christians dead.


The details of the attack are unclear, but the state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, condemned the attack in a statement sent to NE by his spokesperson, Samuel Aruwan.

The attack on Asso is believed to be part of the larger Southern Kaduna violence that has pitched Fulani herdsmen against largely local farming communities leading to the death of over 200 people in the past year.

The casualty from this weekend’s attack has not been confirmed but Mr. El-Rufai condoled with “the victims and their families, while affirming that security operations are being ramped to rid the forest areas of the bandits.”

The governor also launched ‘Operation Harbin Kunama II’ that would help the Army deal with the armed persons responsible for the attacks in Southern Kaduna.

Read the Kaduna governor’s statement below:

Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai on Sunday said that the forthcoming Operation Harbin Kunama II is a necessary step towards ending the violence in parts of southern Kaduna. The governor spoke while condemning the weekend attack on Asso community in Gwong Chiefdom of Jema’a local government area of the state.

In a statement issued in Kaduna by his spokesman, Samuel Aruwan, the governor extended his condolence to the victims and their families, while affirming that security operations are being ramped to rid the forest areas of the bandits.

The Governor charged security agencies to redouble their efforts in fishing out those behind the killings, and to act promptly on carefully vetted intelligence.

The statement said that agencies responsible for emergency services have been directed to offer relief.

The governor requested support from communities to the security agencies as the Nigerian Army gets set to commence a major operation tagged ‘Operation Harbin Kunama II’, including assisting the Nigerian Army with vital information that could aid a successful clampdown on elements responsible for this terror attacks on our citizens.
Click to signup for FREE news updates, latest information and hottest gists everyday


Advertise on NigerianEye.com to reach thousands of our daily users
« PREV
NEXT »

5 comments

  1. El rufai.
    No perpetrator of this wicked act will be arrested, but when a citizen protect himself by killing a single herdsman, that citizen will be arrested shap shap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The governor is not sincere about what he is saying, this is an attacked on Christian worshipers during the Easter Celebration and he is saying they were herbs men. This is a Muslim attack on the Christians. All these decorations of violence must stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This governor talks too much without any physical action. So, all a while, the security operatives deployed to Southern Kaduna had been withdrawn, especially at festival period? Will it not be better for the Southern Kaduna people to defend themselves?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And they said fayose is
    Mad when he told his people to defend themselves, the time is coming when we all wish that we listen and acted according to that mad man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The head of the herdsmen is coming off.

    ReplyDelete

Kindly drop a comment below.
(Comments are moderated. Clean comments will be approved immediately)

Advert Enquires - Reach out to us at NigerianEye@gmail.com