The Commander of the Joint Military/Police Task Force in Borno State, Col. Victor Ebhaleme, has denied that soldiers and police officers were killed in the attacks on Ibrahim Taiwo Police Station and the bombs detonated by suspected Boko Haram gunmen last week.
According to him, media reports that soldiers were killed came as a shock to his boss, the Brigade Commander, Brig-Gen Tanko Gaiyahim. “We are very much concerned over the incorrect reportage being made by some media on the operation against the Islamic sect’s insurgence in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital,” he said.
“No soldier was killed in the multiple blasts that occurred last Thursday; neither has the army lost any of its soldiers in any of the operations that involved Boko Haram attacks as wrongly reported in some of the national dailies.”
He added that the army had opted not to disclose, for security reasons, its recent major breakthroughs where soldiers and police officers in the task force had been able to burst a Boko Haram stronghold.
“As a matter of fact, we have made tremendous inroad in the operation so far,” he said. “Several key members of the sect have been arrested and have given us information assisting us to arrest other members, who are not more than 10 now.”
He also dismissed reports in some newspapers that 20 persons were killed during the Wednesday night attack on Ibrahim Taiwo Divisional Police headquarters.“I personally led the operation and no single soldier or policeman on my team died,” he said.
Click to signup for FREE news updates, latest information and hottest gists everyday
Advertise on NigerianEye.com to reach thousands of our daily users
Home
Unlabelled
Army says no Soldier was killed by Boko Haram
Army says no Soldier was killed by Boko Haram
NigerianEye
-
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments
Post a Comment
Kindly drop a comment below.
(Comments are moderated. Clean comments will be approved immediately)
Advert Enquires - Reach out to us at NigerianEye@gmail.com