The presidential debate took place on Saturday.
It was organised by the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria , in partnership with Nigerian Election Debate Group and some other bodies .
Five presidential candidates of five political parties were scheduled to participate in the debate , but only three took to the podium, as the presidential candidates of the ruling All Progressives Congress , President Muhammadu Buhari ; and that of the Peoples Democratic Party , Atiku Abubakar , stayed off the event for various reasons later adduced by them.
Meanwhile , the following are the nuggets served by the candidates of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria , Oby Ezekwesili ; Alliance for New Nigeria , Fela Durotoye ; and Young Progressives Party , Kingsley Moghalu…
• Nigeria needs a different kind of leadership that will transform the country and make it the envy of other nations — Presidential candidate of Young Progressives Party , Kingsley Moghalu .
• Together , we will all build a nation that will work for us — Presidential candidate of Alliance for New Nigeria , Fela Durotoye .
• I have the capacity, the competency and the character to take on this new leadership that our country deserves
— Presidential candidate of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria , Oby Ezekwesili .
• Skill, capital and literacy are what will fix Nigerian economy and take it into industrialisation — Moghalu.
• We will lift at least 80 million Nigerians out of poverty through improvement in the productivity of majority of Nigerians who earn less than N 700 a day — Ezekwesili .
• My plan is to provide 30 million jobs
— Durotoye .
• Every citizen of Nigeria matters. You matter , I matter , we all matter . That ’ s the basis for healing Nigeria —Moghalu .
• We will ensure that the girls in the schools are safe and well taken care of — Durotoye .
• To reduce opportunities for corruption , you do things like structural changes in the economy —Ezekwesili .
• My Presidency will make sure that Nigeria ’ s peace will be established on the basis of equity, justice and accountability — Moghalu .
• To improve the security situation the leadership of the Armed Forces should not be based on friendship or ‘ man know man ’ but based on performance
— Durotoye .
• We must modernize teaching . We will take teaching to the prestigious profession that it once was by training the teachers massively , and equipping them with the new knowledge of the new economy — Ezekwesili .
• I will end ASUU strike in Nigeria —Moghalu .
• There ’ s a huge supply of bad behaviour , savagery in our country because there has not been any judicial process that has led to the conviction of anyone that has killed a fellow Nigerian — Ezekwesili .
• One of the reasons why people are not paying taxes is not because their taxes will not be judiciously used , but because of the wastage and the corruption , they have seen in the system — Durotoye .
• They believe that the people of Nigeria have no voice & no choice . That you will always come back to them. The second reason they are not here is because they cannot answer the questions — Moghalu on Buhari , Atiku ’ s absence from the debate .
• Today, those who commit savagery know that there ’ s no consequence, and whenever there’ s no consequence to criminality , it mushrooms —Ezekwesili .
• We will build a new Nigeria of our dreams together . Where there are job opportunities , where businesses exist and where nobody needs to know anybody to get into office because it will be a nation for all — Durotoye .
• The APC and the PDP; one is a kettle , one is a pot , and they call each other black — Moghalu .
KINDLY DROP A COMMENT BELOW