The Third Mainland Bridge has been closed to traffic.
The federal and Lagos state governments had explained that the shutdown was for Investigative Maintenance Test.
The closure which took effect the midnight of Thursday, August 23 will last until midnight of Sunday, August 26, 2018.
However, traffic maintenance officials on Thursday released alternative routes.
Sector Commander of FRSC in Lagos, Hyginus Omeje and the Chief Executive Officer of LASTMA, Chris Olakpe listed the routes as follows:
– Motorists coming from Lagos or Ibadan can use alternative routes to connect Ikorodu-Funso Williams, Western Avenue to Eko Bridge.
– Alternatively, from Toll Gate to Alapare-Ogudu, connect Iyana Oworo to Gbagada to Anthony, then down to Ikorodu Road.
– From Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, connect to Orile, then to Eko Bridge or Ijora Olopa.
– Moving out of Lagos Island, motorists can make their way to Adeniji Carter Bridge, Idumagbo down to Oyingbo, then to Herbert Macaulay in Yaba, to Ijora Olopa to Eko Bridge.
– People are encouraged to use the Bus Rapid Transit, BRT.
– Those coming from Ikorodu to CMS are advised to use the waterways.