Melaye, in his reaction to his arraignment by the Federal Government on March 1 before the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory in Abuja, alleged that there was a gang up against him by the Kogi State Government, the Presidency, the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN) and the police.
He said, “The same police who paraded the assassination suspects, their weapons, the car they used, have confessional statements of the suspects, asked me who were my suspects, are now colluding with the Minister of Justice to arraign me for misinformation over a case that is in court, where the court has accepted the statements of the suspects as exhibits.
“I, a victim of an assassination attempt, is now to face trial. I will fight you all with the last drop of blood in my body. I will never be cowed or made to be silent over perfidy, corruption, injustice and maladministration, either in Kogi or the Presidency.
“In an unjust society, silence is a crime. I will not stop speaking the truth to power at all levels. You will continue to hear from me at all times. If I die in the process, so be it. I ready for una. Please, Nigerians should watch this video and judge.”
The video, which Melaye published on his social media accounts, showed the Force Public Relations Officer of the Nigeria Police, Jimoh Moshood, when he paraded the suspects in 2017.
Melaye was accused of falsely incriminating the Chief of Staff to Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State, Mr. Edward David, in the said assassination attempt.
The office of the Attorney General of the Federation filed the charges, marked CR/106/18 on January 31, 2018.
The case had been assigned to Justice Olasumbo Goodluck, who sits in the Maitama Division of the FCT High Court.
KINDLY DROP A COMMENT BELOW