Although, the Danladi Umar-led CCT had earlier on February 6, 2018, fixed Tuesday for the parties to adopt their addresses, at the resumed hearing of the case on Tuesday, Saraki’s defence team sought an adjournment to enable them to file a reply to the Federal Government’s written address.
Saraki’s lead counsel, Chief Kanu Agabi (SAN), said he was only served with the prosecution’s final written address after the close of work on Monday.
Responding, the lead prosecuting counsel, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), said his late filing and service of his address on the defence was due to the fact that the defence team had filed and served theirs on him after the expiration of the seven days given to them by the tribunal.
The tribunal chairman subsequently adjourned the matter till March 8, by the time which the defence is expected to have filed their response to the prosecution’s address.
The CCT is expected to fix a date for judgment immediately after the parties adopt their final addresses on March 8.
Saraki had on February 6, 2018 opened and closed his defence with only one witness.
This followed the December 12, 2017 judgment of the Court of Appeal in Abuja, which restored three out of the entire 18 counts earlier dismissed by the CCT.
KINDLY DROP A COMMENT BELOW