The SSANU President, Samson Ugwoke disclosed this after the meeting which began at 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday and ended 12:20 a.m. on Thursday.
“The three-page agreement was signed and endorsed by all of us; We are taking our document and we will make our pronouncement soon,” he said without disclosing the details of the agreement.
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, said both parties had reached a consensus which would be passed to the union executive members for deliberation.
“Based on this conclusion, we all agreed that the JAC will consult its organ with a view to calling off the strike as soon as possible, ” he said.
Meanwhile, the Joint Health Sector Union has declared a nationwide indefinite strike with effect from Thursday.
Chairman of the Union, Mr. Biobelemoye Josiah, who announced this on Wednesday in Ilorin, Kwara State noted that the JOHETSU had earlier issued a a seven-day ultimatum on September 14, 2017, to again draw the attention of the government to their demands but no meaningful action was taken.
He said, “This lackadaisical attitude of the government has necessitated the resolve of JOHESU to call out all our members nationwide to withdraw their services and stay at home with effect from midnight of today (Wednesday) even after waiting patiently until this hour on the approval for adjustments of CONHESS.