The governor insisted that the target of the shooting was a business partner of the alleged killer of the worshippers, but said that while the target was not found, his father was killed during the attack.
Obiano spoke with journalists in Abuja on Friday at the national headquarters of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, where he submitted his governorship nomination form.
He said, “We are taking precautions, we have a lead and the police have made some arrests and we are very confident that we will resolve the matter very soon.”
He said that the state government was bankrolling both the cost of treating the injured and the burial of dead victims of the attack.
The governor said that despite the killings, his state remains the safest state in the country.
“We can’t use that singular incident to judge the state. We have stopped kidnapping, assassinations and all that in the state. So, whichever way you look at it, we remain a safe state,” he said.
On why he is gunning for a second term as governor, Obiano said that his target was that by the time he had done eight years in office, he would have touched the life of everyone in the state.
The governor, who expressed confidence at the possibility of clinching victory at the poll, said that virtually all the major roads in the state had been lighted up.
He said that so far his government had achieved 66 per cent target in internally generated revenue.
Obiano said, “In agriculture, the state is doing very well and has attained self-sufficiency in rice production. We consume 320,000 metric tonnes and now we produce 375,000 metric tonnes per annum, from 80,000 metric tonne when we assumed office.
“What I want to leave behind as my legacy when I leave office after eight years is to ensure that Anambra State is self-sufficient in its revenue sources so that we will not have to be waiting for Abuja to run the affairs of governance.”