Three confirmed dead, many injured in Maiduguri Sunday twin explosions | Nigeria News Today. Your online Nigerian Newspaper

0
Three people have been confirmed dead in Sunday’s bomb explosion in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

An official of the local vigilante called Civilian-JTF, involved in the rescue and evacuation of victims of the blasts, confirmed the death to journalists.

“So far, three persons are dead,” Bello Danbatta told journalists on phone.
“It was a suicide bomb attack, we are trying to ascertain the actual number of those injured in the hospital now,” he added.

An official of the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, also confirmed the casualty.
NEMA’s national spokesman, Sani Datti, said “three of the dead persons are female bombers, while 17 persons that were injured have been evacuated to hospitals in Maiduguri.”

Two explosions rocked Maiduguri on Sunday morning in a crowded area near Maiduguri’s main market.

The two blasts occurred in quick succession at about 8:48 a.m.

Post a Comment Default Disqus

Nigeria News Comments are Moderated. Clean Comments will be swiftly approved. No swear words, no racism, allowed.

 
Top