The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, gave the assurance at the Old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Tuesday at a special town hall meeting for the youth.
The minister specifically stated that the Federal Government was committed to tackling youth employment.
“We did not create today’s hardships, but we have resolved to end it and make life more abundant for our people. All we ask is your undiluted support,” he said.
Mohammed said 25,000 cooks have been trained for the home-grown school feeding programme which, he noted, has taken off in Osun, Kaduna and Anambra.
He said over one million Nigerians willing to access loans between N200,000 and N100,000 were set to get such at a very low interest rate from the Bank of Industry.
He further stated that N500 billion had been earmarked in the 2017 budget proposals to sustain the Social Intervention Plan.