Your diet is nevertheless important in making your brain function at optimal capacity no matter your age and it ensures that you get through each day with a sound mind.
Below are 6 amazing strategies you can use to boost your brain functions
1. Get some caffeine: Caffeine is found in drinks such as coffee, energy drinks, soft drinks, chocolate and black tea. It has the ability to give you the necessary jolt to start your day even though the effect may not last too long. It is important that you do not take too much caffeine in a day because it can make you edgy and uncomfortable.
2. Take some glucose: The carbs and sugars you eat are converted to glucose which serves as fuel for your body. Taking a small cup of sweet drink can help you in boosting your memory and in thinking out some great ideas. Just like caffeine, you should not take too much sugar as it can cause much more damage than even your brain can keep up with.
3. Don’t miss breakfast: Having to wake up in the morning and get to work early enough may tempt you to skip breakfast, especially for the men that are yet unmarried. Eating breakfast has been shown to improve your short term memory and concentration. High fibre whole grains like oatmeal and fruits are all great for breakfast. You should not take something too heavy because this will not only make you sleepy, it can also put your brain to sleep.
4. Eat Fish: There is no better protein source you can take to boost your brain like fish that is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. This kind of fish is very great for your brain and has been associated with lesser risks of stroke and dementia. In addition, it slows down the pace at which your brain ages and gives better memory.
5. Eat balanced diet: Having the appropriate nutrients all in your food is important not just for your total health, but for your brain health. When you consistently fall short in your diet, your brain suffers and this can affect your concentration.
6. Add Fibre and Avocados: Some food items can boost blood flow to vital organs including the brain. Avocado pears have been known to do this in addition to high fibre foods such as popcorn and whole wheat for example. They not only help in blood flow but also improve your general health.