Her earnings are mainly due to her 1989 World Tour raking in a quarter of a billion dollars. She also has lucrative endorsement deals with brands such as Diet Coke, Apple and more.
British singer Adele was second on the list, with 80.5 million US dollars (£65.2 million). Forbes estimated the pre-tax income of personalities from June 1 2015 through to June 1 2016 from a variety of sources, including data from Pollstar, Nielsen and the Recording Industry Association of America, as well as interviews with managers, lawyers and some of the stars themselves. See the full list as you continue.
Full List Of Top Earning Female Musicians for 2016
1. Taylor Swift - $170m (£137.8m)
2. Adele - $80.5m (£65.2m)
3. Madonna - $76.5m (£62m)
4. Rihanna - $75m (£60.8m)
5. Beyonce - $54m (£43.8m)
6. Katy Perry - $41m (£33.2m)
7. Jennifer Lopez - $39.5m (£32m)
8. Britney Spears - $30.5m (£24.7m)
9. Shania Twain - $27.5m (£22.3m)
10. Celine Dion - $27m (£21.9m)