FG shifts timeline to employ 200,000 graduates | Nigeria News Today. Your online Nigerian Newspaper

2

The Presidency again on Sunday shifted the timeline during which it plans to employ 200,000 graduates, saying beneficiaries will resume work on December 1.


That was the second time the Federal Government would be shifting its position on the employment scheme which it earlier promised would start in October.

Two weeks ago, Vice-President Osinbajo was quoted as attributing the failure of the government to engage the graduates in October as promised to the need to get the required equipment.

He then assured Nigerians that the graduates would be engaged “in the next two weeks.”

But a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande, on Sunday gave an indication that the graduates would not start work up until December 1.

Akande said while the 200,000 graduates were selected about two weeks ago, their names had been sent to state governments and the Federal Capital Territory who would deploy them to their specific programme assignments.

He said while beneficiaries’ names would be published this week on the N-Power internet portal, they would start receiving messages informing them of their selection from Monday.

Post a Comment Default Disqus

  1. I expected this. issues like this, is as a result of poor planning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I remember Buhari, tears go de rush down my eyes oooo!
    When I remember Thiefnubu, tears go de rush down my eyes oooo!
    When I remember Osinbanjo, tears go de rush down my eyes oooo!
    When I remember APC, water go de rush down my eyes oooo!
    Sai Baba!
    Change dole!

    ReplyDelete

Nigeria News Comments are Moderated. Clean Comments will be swiftly approved. No swear words, no racism, allowed.

 
Top