REVEALED: How Boko Haram broke news of release to Chibok girls | Nigeria News Today. Your online Nigerian Newspaper

4


Freedom for the 21 Chibok girls released last week by Boko Haram was as dramatic as their seizure by the group over two years ago.


Nothing on Wednesday, October 12, the eve of their release, suggested to them that the freedom they had longed and prayed for was around the corner.

Their abductors simply woke them up early in the morning and got them lined up ,according to a report yesterday by the CNN quoting a parent of one of the girls.

Then, the terrorists began to read out the names of the girls one by one.

What followed was the news that they would be returning home to their loved ones.Just like that.

The parent, who asked not to be named for safety concerns, also said that during their time with Boko Haram, the girls were forced to build their own basic shelter, using plastic bags for roofing.

One of the Chibok schoolgirls, who refused to marry a Boko Haram fighter, was told she would be killed. Her abductors had a change of heart and commuted her sentence to 100 lashes.

President Muhammadu Buhari formally received the freed girls and their parents at the State House, Abuja on Wednesday with a pledge that the federal government would assume full responsibility for their personal,educational and professional goals and ambitions in life.

“These dear daughters of ours have seen the worst that the world has to offer. It is now time for them to experience the best that the world can do for them,” he said.

Post a Comment Default Disqus

  1. So the others married boko haram memebers and yet there was a report that they were not sexually violated or abused according to Sen. Biotin from Ekiti. Na sense dem take dey lie and lie well ooo. It was said they were about to write SSCE yet non out of all the 23 abi 24 has said one word in English only Hausa. Boko haram first say dem don marry all of dem off. Now dem say some if the girls no want released from boko haram again. How them take get that report? Na wah 4 this chibok story ooo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shut up fool! I pray that your daughter or niece is kidnapped for 2 years then you can come and say all this rubbish.

      Delete
  2. Jonathan had told us the truth, but these propagander masters used all means to drum it on the nation that the children were taking away, now they are planning how to return them with another lies. We are keeping the records for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are yet to tell us the sacrifice they made to free those girls.the other time it was bakasi who knows what is it is this time, cowards

    ReplyDelete

Nigeria News Comments are Moderated. Clean Comments will be swiftly approved. No swear words, no racism, allowed.

 
Top