McGregor fight will never happen - Mayweather | Nigeria News Today. Your online Nigerian Newspaper

Image result for Mayweather with McGregor

Floyd Mayweather has ruled out ever fighting Conor McGregor.

The retired former pound-for-pound No.1 had raised the possibility of taking on the UFC star in a boxing match.

But he now claims he was unable to agree terms with the Irishman and has lost interest in the clash.

"I tried to make the fight happen between me and Conor McGregor," he told Fight Hype .

"We weren’t able to make it happen so we must move on."

Amir Khan has also called out McGregor - who holds the UFC’s featherweight title - despite being KO’d by Canelo Alvare z earlier this year.

Mayweather added: “It's so crazy that I’m talking about fighting Conor McGregor - there are so many fighters talking about fighting him but I was the first.’

Mayweather retired undefeated a year ago after 49 successive victories but is expected to return for fight No.50.

A rematch against Manny Pacquiao and a meeting with Danny Garcia have been mooted.
But the 39-year-old claims he remains the biggest star in both boxing AND mixed martial arts, despite his hiatus.

He said: “I feel honoured to be the biggest name in MMA and boxing when I don’t even compete anymore.''

McGregor hinted after his rematch victory over Nate Diaz last month that his next fight might not be in the UFC.

But he is expected to return to the Octagon at either UFC 205 in New York or UFC 207 in Las Vegas on December 30, possibly against lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez.

Post a Comment Default Disqus

Nigeria News Comments are Moderated. Clean Comments will be swiftly approved. No swear words, no racism, allowed.