The BringBackOurGirls coalition has said it does not wish to be part of the ongoing negotiation for the release of the Chibok girls.
The group, said while it welcomed the decision of the government to swap Boko Haram fighters in detention for the girls, it was not interested in being part of the negotiation team.
The BBOG spokesman, Abdulahi Abubakar, said the coalition, would however continue to monitor the situation and respond accordingly.
He said, “This (negotiation with Boko Haram) is what we have been asking the government to do all this time. But we would not be part of the negotiation, the government should go ahead with the process, we welcome it and would continue to monitor developments.”
The group had earlier expressed hope that the disclosure of the ongoing negotiation with Boko Haram, would signal a new period of feedback to the Chibok parents and the public by the government.
It said, “Our movement has been asking for feedback on our government’s rescue efforts since our last meeting of January 14, 2016 to no avail. So we consider today’s (Friday) briefing by the Federal Government, a start.
“We welcome every factual communication of their effort to bring back our girls and hope that this signals a new period of continuous feedback to parents, our movement and the general public. Our movement will monitor progress in the next one week and act accordingly.”