Managing hair during rainy season is tough especially because of the frizz that comes with it. Having to deal with so much humidity can take its toll of the look and feel of our tresses. Protective hairstyles are a must for this season.
Here are 5 protective hairstyles for rainy season:
• Yarn braids:This is very popular and any local hairdresser can put together for you. It allows you get creative with different styles and colours. The yarn braids is just the perfect hairstyle for rainy season as it dries very fast when it comes in contact with water.
• Box braidsThis is a more popular protective hairstyle. As with any protective style, care for the scalp is of utmost importance. Depending on personal preference it can be done with or without hair extensions. It’s also great for those who prefer to look nice during the rainy season without fear of whether or not the hair will go bad in contact with water.
• Two strand twists:This is very similar to the box braids. This protective style can be done with or without extensions and its easy to maintain during the rainy season.
• BunsIf your natural hair is not long enough to achieve a big bun, you can cheat buy doing the sock bun. This is by folding up a sock and folding your hair over it. If your hair ever comes in contact with the rain, it will readily dry up and you can style it again.
• WeavesMore popularly called weave-on in Nigeria; this is by far the most popular way to protect the hair. Because it makes managing hair easier since it is woven underneath synthetic/natural hair. Sadly many ignore their natural hair while wearing weaves. Hair should be oiled and cleaned constantly while wearing it.
Signup for FREE news updates, latest information and hottest gists everyday