Mother, son electrocuted in Osun State | Nigerian News. Latest Nigeria News. Your online Nigerian Newspaper. f

0


A middle-aged woman, identified as Mummy Ajimo, and her son, Ajimo, were electrocuted in Abebi area of Oke Baale in Osogbo by a cable felled by the rain, Monday.

The rain we learnt was associated with lightning and thunder that wreaked havoc in some residential areas.

According to reports, the cables of an electric pole in Abebi area fell and sent shocks through the affected buildings during the torrential rain.

The Commissioner of Police in OsunState, Mrs Dorothy Gimba, confirmed the incident, saying the Police Area Commander informed her about the event.

She said that early yesterday, residents, who were scared, including Ajimo, scampered for safety as many of them relocated to avoid contact with the fallen electric cables.

Although the police report identified the deceased woman as Mummy Ajimo, some eyewitnesses identified her as Simiatu Rafiu, who had attempted to escape the danger with her son.

As residents hurried out of the area, Mummy Ajimo took her son, Ajimo, to leave the area but as they made their way out, they stepped on the live electric cable and were electrocuted.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs Folashade Odoro, made available a report from one Ishmail Oyebode of Ile Balogun Abe Obi area of Osogbo.

The report read: “There was an electric spark a few hours ago and people living in that area started running out for safety and one Mummy Ajimo and her son ran into the wire and died immediately.”



Signup for FREE news updates, latest information and hottest gists everyday/Advertise on NigerianEye.com

Post a Comment Default Disqus

Latest Nigerian News
Comments are Moderated. Clean Comments will be swiftly approved. No swear words, no racism, allowed.

 
xzb
Top